January Catch-Up.

    Hello! Brrrrr! It's been a bit nippy at times hasn't it? So here's a bit of sunniness for you:


    Well now, it's been a while since I last posted and I have to confess that not a lot has changed here. Apart from the back garden being turned into a quagmire and therefore being too dangerous to venture into. Unless you like slipping and sliding with the added possibility of sinking that is! At least it's not quite as grey, dark and dismal as it has been for the last few months - we have actually had a few days of sunshine! Super-cold wind mind you but sunshine none the less!

    Let's have a catch-up!

     📖 In my last post I mentioned I was probably going to start reading another collection of stories by Robert E. Howard but at the moment I can't reach that one - still got a bit of Post-Chistmas clutter to clear away! So instead I'm reading a collection of science fiction stories by  H.G. Wells, and as you might be able to guess, the first story is "The Time Machine". I don't think I've read it before but the words feels sooo familiar! I suppose it's because I've seen the old film version so many times throughout my life. It'll be interesting to see if I spot any differences in the story to the film version 'coz let's face it, "they" usually do change something when they bring a book to the big screen!

    🎁 We all know that Christmas is a time of giving and sharing and I don't see why that should always be directed at other people, so I decided to treat myself to a present just before Christmas: Yarn Pegs!!


    Inspired by the set of Yarnsmiths Create DK Pegs that Lucy in her Attic was gifted by Woolwarehouse, I had a look at the peg-maker's Etsy page - Eliza and the Giraffe -  and was a little thrilled to see a set James C. Brett Top Value DK pegs begging to be bought. So I did! Ain't they pretty?


    I'm going to have a lot of fun with these - seeing which colours work well together and the like - and I've already been able to match one to a yarn I'm trying to find a replacement for! So cool!

     🎄🧶 I hadn't really planned any Christmas Crochet for this year (although there is usually something lurking at the back of my mind...) but then I saw this video from Play Hooky With Me on Youtube and thought, "oh that's nice! I could do me a couple of them!" But I only actually managed to do one because in the end there was no time to do any more. Lesson: Start Christmas Earlier!!


    It's such a cute design and great for using up scraps of festive colour that I'm definitely going to be doing more for next Christmas. I've noticed that there are a few videos on Youtube about little Christmas stockings and they are all a little different, so it might be interesting to make a little assortment of them.


     I did a receive a crochet related present from my Sister at Christmas; a set of small balls of Cotton.


    I had seen these advertised on Hobbycraft's website but they never seemed to be in stock locally or online, but my Sister found someone selling them on Amazon. I haven't tried them yet of course, but I am trying to find an Amigurumi pattern that uses several colours as I think that this will be the best way of using them.


    🌍🕸️ I have found another great Youtube channel and added it to my Sites I Like list over on the left: Elise Rose Crochet. Elise has a great yarn space and uses it to create engaging videos on crochet and knitting. She's very enthusiastic and possibly a little bonkers, but that's fine by me! All the best of us are I reckon! And she has a cat. You see, this is where I'm going wrong - I don't have any pets! Lucy, Christine, Toni and Elise all have pets - in fact they all have cats - and they are all amazing yarn-crafters! Makes you wonder dunnit?

     👵🟪 My Granny Square project is progressing well but perhaps not as I had originally envisaged it. I'll be doing a separate post on this in the near future.

    That's about it for now, I've been working on this post all month on and off so I think now is the right time to hit the publish button.

    See you soon!👋😀

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blotober - Post 2!

Blogtober - Post 19! ❓ 🪝 📖 🌵

Blogtober '23 - Day One. 👋😀