Blogtober - Post 19! ❓ πŸͺ πŸ“– 🌡

    Hello! I'd like to start by asking a few questions to those of you who have been using silicon-handled hooks longer than I have.

    In the last few days I have notice that the hook I'm using most has developed a weird ickieness to the handle. It's not sticky or rough, just not right. My others don't feel like this. I even washed it the other day and if anything it made it slightly worse. 

    Could this be a reaction to the hand-cream I use in the evening to lessen the roughness of my fingers? Is there a way of fixing the issue, and is there a best way of storing and caring for this style of hook? Comments and solutions would be most appreciated.πŸ˜€

    I finished reading "The Tears Of The Salamander" Monday night, and tonight I will start reading something else. I'm just not sure what yet, it may end up a point and grab situation. Whatever it is I probably won't have read it before and I'll let you know what I choose.

     Yesterday I mentioned that most of the flowers outside were going over, today I'm going to show you that colour is returning but this time indoors.

    The Christmas Cactuses are beginning to bud!

    We have five of these plants and from what I can see all of them have buds on! 

    These are going to put on a great show of blooms that I always think look like fireworks, I just wish they would last a tiny bit longer! But, we do generally get a second blooming on a couple of the plants, so that makes up for the short season. I'm hoping they will be in flower by the time that Blogtober ends and I can share some pictures with you.

    Indoor plants are quite beneficial to health, especially I think when they have cheerful flowers on. What do you have?

    Byeee!πŸ‘‹πŸ˜  πŸ’


 

Comments

  1. We too have flowering cacti and they look just like yours. I agree they don’t flower for long enough. We have one that is over forty years old that belonged to my husband’s grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is old! None of ours are that old but we do have some African Violets that have all been taken from cuttings and the dividing of the original plants since the 1970's if not earlier! Good things plants!

      Delete
  2. I've just noticed flower buds on our Christmas cactus too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to watch them growing isn't it? I was a bit presumptuous to think that they would be in flower by the end of Blogtober but I will still be sharing photos when they do!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blotober - Post 2!

Interlude -Summer.