Well, that was November!

    Flippin' eck what a month! I honestly don't know where it's gone and I can't believe that it's nearly Christmas! You'd think the increasingly cold weather and all the Christmas films on Channel 5 would have given me a clue but no, thick as a brick me.

    So, what have I been up to then? I've had medical appointments I would rather not have had, although neither were as bad as I had thought they were going to be, and then just when I thought that was over, I got an email asking me to do something else! What do I have to do to get some peace from these people?

    It was on one of these appointment days that we found out that we didn't have a usable land-line. I was trying to phone home from a local haberdashery and yarn seller, and got a very weird beeping tone. Lifting the receiver when we got home, we could hear a very strange humming, crackling stuttering noise, which was still with us a week later. The BT website hadn't been much use, nor the online chat/message thing you can use to apparently communicate with a real person. Eventually. The broadband was still with us but that just seemed to confuse the issue more. My sister was brought in on the case and actually managed to speak to a real person, and she was told that we should have a working line by the middle of the following week. Yeah right.

    Well, as it turned out, a few days later a BT engineer turned up unexpectedly and somehow managed to sort it! Yay! And I hope you'll be pleased to know that the Upload/Download speeds have improved as well! Which of course means, more pictures!


    In crochet news I am working on the back panel for my Granny Square Day cushion project, even though I haven't finished the front yet. That's going to take a lot of fiddly concentration and swearing and I'm not looking forward to it! And although I have made all(?) the bits I have to, I'm already thinking that I may have used the wrong colours. Oooh I'm a twit for starting this! But no doubt it will look amazing when it's finished. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself!

I haven't quite decided on the actual placement of these yet...

...but I'm thinking that green is not the way to go!

     I've got to say though that I am enjoying hooking up the back panel. It's just a solid granny Square made with UK Trebles, but the rhythm is great so it's growing really well, and the colours I'm using are making it look pretty damn good too! They're all from the front of the cushion so there is a relationship between the two sides.



    As I mentioned  ↑↑up there somewhere↑↑, I went to a local yarn seller to see if I could match that darkest pink yarn I'd used on some of my small squares and Drum Stool cover, but unfortunately I couldn't find a good match. There were two candidates, but neither were close enough. The shop had changed slightly since I was last in there - we're talking years, thanks covid - and I'm convinced they don't have quite the same amount of yarn they used to. Or anything else when it comes down to it. I have two more places to try before I go nuts and try buying online with 'orrible postage and packing costs to consider!

    That's it for now, there's a Book post coming soon, hope things are well at your end of the net,

    Byeeee!πŸ‘‹πŸ˜

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blotober - Post 2!

Blogtober - Post 19! ❓ πŸͺ πŸ“– 🌡

Blogtober '23 - Day One. πŸ‘‹πŸ˜€