Granny Square Day '23 Project Update.

    Well, I'm sure none of you will be surprised to learn that I did not get my GSD project finished. I haven't been able to spend as much time on it as I originally thought I would, and I think I underestimated all the work required to finish it anyway. I think I may have gotten a bit further with it if I had become more acquainted with the Square's pattern before hand, but I didn't, and I do have to say there were a few false starts! I was hoping to just be able to get it done, it's technically not difficult, but I didn't consider all the decisions that would have to be made.


    My original idea was to go down the random colour-round method, but what I'm making is too small for that to work. For a blanket or coat - maybe, but I'm making a cushion (ooh sorry, Spoiler!) and I've realized that I need more thought and pattern to make the project work.

    So here's where I'm at;

        ...and I'm not even sure I'm going to use those other three centres.


    The squares pictured, I really love, and I'm now planning to make more of them to create the pattern I want. They are also not quite finished yet - there's more of the pattern to follow, but I'll tell you more about that in the Ta-Dah post. Yes, there will be one!


     I've got another project on the go at the mo' which should  be finished soon, and I'm really quite excited to tell you about that, and now that we're back in another heatwave I may concentrate more on that  as it's not as stressful or warm as this one has become!

    Till next time!πŸ‘‹πŸ˜Š

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blotober - Post 2!

Blogtober - Post 19! ❓ πŸͺ πŸ“– 🌡

Blogtober '23 - Day One. πŸ‘‹πŸ˜€