Catching Up. 🐸 🀬 🌡 πŸ’

     Hello! Gosh it seems like ages ago that I last posted! Really, it does seem longer than 10 days. I did wonder about writing a Blogtober Round-up or Review, but I'm not sure it's necessary, I sort of know where I was going a bit wrong with it. I don't post enough pictures, and I moan a lot. I mean, it's not like I like moaning, far from it, it's just... a lot of the time I feel I need to vent!😀 Know what I mean? And where better than your own blog!? Anyway, moving on...

    Don't you just hate it when you're about to complete the last side of a round on a square, to then find that you've gone wrong on the previous round and where you need to put your next stitch isn't there?! That was me the other day and to make things worse, not only did I have to frog🐸 the round I was about to finish, I had to do the same to the previous round - all the way back to the beginning because that's where I went wrong!! "Oh blow!"🀬 said I.  Thankfully I had a long enough tail to work another stitch into the round without having to scrap the yarn, so at least that's something.

    I've been continuing with my Yuletide squares even though I said I would probably give it a break because the Fingerless Mittens are not progressing well. I've got caught up in the numbers - how many increases and where to put them, hand measurements etc. -  and I've reached the conclusion that it may not actually matter!🀯 So I'm going to crack on with them and just see what happens! That may be the best way for me to see what is going to work and what isn't.

    A couple of weeks ago in Blogtober I posted that the Christmas Cacti were budding and I was hopeful that they would flower before the end of that month. I was a bit optimistic there and of course they didn't, but now... 

    ...the first one has opened!! They really are brilliant flowers aren't they? Here's a closer look at the subtle pink...

    ...isn't it gorgeous?! I love❣️ this particular cactus and we're lucky that the others are all different! Here's one that might be next!...

    ...I love how sculptural they are at this stage!

    Although they are obviously not going to flower all at the same time, which would look amazing, and some buds won't develop fully, it's really nice knowing that there will be a few weeks of good colour and spectacle to enjoy! And I will share more photos of them as they come.

    Till next time, goodbye!πŸ‘‹πŸ˜

 


 

Comments

  1. I agree , photos are great in a blog, in my case often better than the words lol! I never mind frogging crochet but hate it with knitting. Trying to get the stitches back on the needle is a nightmare. Very delicate shade of pink in your cactus. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hated unpicking knitting!! The number of times I would pass it to my Mother to do is uncountable! She can do it much quicker than I ever could, the only problem with that was our differing tensions! Not so much of a problem with crochet though thank goodness!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blotober - Post 2!

Blogtober - Post 19! ❓ πŸͺ πŸ“– 🌡

Blogtober '23 - Day One. πŸ‘‹πŸ˜€