Blogtober - Post 31! ⛄

The WIPing Sessions - Vol. 1

Part 2.

 

    Hello!! I promised you the second part, and here it is! I am so pleased that I decided to do this because it means that something that has been lying inert for so long, finally has some life!😀

    Want a look?

    Hello Mr. Snowman! I know I have the ends of the scarf to sort out but it was so blinking dark here today I really didn't want to risk spoiling what I'd done.

    Here he is under the flash. The red's a bit bright innit? I don't mind though, at least it's cheery!

    I used Double Crochet(UK) in the round to make the nose, and in rows for the scarf - I'd still be knitting now if I'd gone down that route! - and I was planning more stripes, but I think the three work nicely. As does the green! I'm really pleased with that!!


    I would like to add a Christmas motif - holly, tree, bell or something - to the hat, so that the green is carried throughout the design and achieve some balance of the colours. It probably means trawling through Ebay or something because I don't think anything I already have will be suitable.

    For the eyes, mouth and buttons I used embroidery thread and just over-sewed it until it looked something like I wanted it to. I originally wanted the mouth to be a wider smile but, having done that I knew it looked wrong, so unpicked it and just did a very simple over-sew stitch. And it looks much better!

    So from this,

    To this,

    Isn't it amazing what a few finishing touches can achieve!

************

    And with that, Blogtober 2022 is over! It's been quite an experience to be honest, and much more stressful than I anticipated, but I'm glad I've done it! Many thanks to all of you who have visited over the last 31 days, and especially to Barbara (Coastal Ripples) and Christine (Winwick Mum) and Anonymous for their comments, advice and encouragement! I'm going to take a few days off now to give the laptop a rest - I don't think it's ever been used as much!

Goodbye!!👋😀

 

Comments

  1. Well done on a month’s blogging and the snowman. A great achievement. 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you muchly! I'm quite pleased with him too!

      Delete
  2. Woohoo! What a fabulous snowman he has turned into, and your knitting is so beautifully neat! It's a huge achievement to post on a blog every day, especially those days when you don't think you have much to say, so you should be super-proud of what you've done this month! A virtual high five from me! Thanks for visiting my blog over the month too, it's been lovely to chat to you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blotober - Post 2!

Blogtober - Post 19! ❓ 🪝 📖 🌵

Blogtober '23 - Day One. 👋😀