Blogtober - Post 30! πŸŽ„ 🍦

    Another better day here even if it was quite wet in the morning! The clocks went back last night but to be honest I'm not sure I really noticed much difference. We had Stew and Dumplings for dinner today (one of my faves!!) and there's enough left over for one of us (me!) to have for dinner tomorrow or Tuesday! For pudding we had ice-cream!🍦

    I fed the Wood Pigeons again today, and I actually felt their feathers touching my fingers as they pecked the seed from my hand greedily! When it gets to just a small amount though, one of them really doesn't like sharing and shoos the other off, but I gave them a good talking-to and the other took charge towards the end of their feed, so they each had about the same!

    I said at the start of the week that I would bring you an update on my Yuletide Squares. Well, I have now finished each Round 5 on all 31 squares! And I think they're looking pretty good! I have noticed though that the last few have taken a bit longer, and I have procrastinated over more of the stitches, which probably means I need a break from them for a while and switch to something else. Probably my fingerless mittens. (There will be no update on those this month.)

    Despite the fact that this project is still evolving and taking it's time, I am quite pleased with my progress. I have got far more done this month than previously and I think I have enjoyed it more too. And as I'm not rushing, I think it will eventually look much better than a couple of other blankets I've done.

    Oh well, time to go. Hope you've all had a great weekend and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow for the last post of Blogtober 2022!πŸ‘‹πŸ˜ƒ

 

Comments

  1. Lovely cheerful squares. You’ve made me feel quite hungry with the thought of stew and dumplings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go on, give in to temptation. You know you want to!

      Delete
  2. Your blanket squares are looking fab! They're small enough for you to get the satisfaction of completing them reasonably quickly but big enough to look special when they're put together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I do on this project, the more I seem to be enjoying it, which is not a bad thing!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blotober - Post 2!

Blogtober - Post 19! ❓ πŸͺ πŸ“– 🌡

Blogtober '23 - Day One. πŸ‘‹πŸ˜€