Blogtober - Post 3!

    I thought I'd try and get this posted earlier today!😁 

    As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have most recently been working on my Yuletide Blanket. I know probably everyone else has finished theirs a long time ago but mine has always been a "filler-in" project when I'm between projects or need a break from one. And my ideas for it keep changing.


    At first it was just going to be done in the way that Lucy designed it, although in different colours, but then after I completed Round 8 my thoughts altered. I just loved the colour sequence and the warmth of it and I didn't want to loose that by adding another round of colour, and I did try a couple! I started thinking about just doing lots of these smaller squares and sewing them together. Then the shape changed from a square blanket to a rectangular one, perhaps with two contrasting colour schemes in play. And now I'm back to thinking about just square blanket with a squared interior, with a wide edging of rounds in the Yuletide Stitch pattern. But I guess that first I need to count how many squares I've actually done,'cos I can't remember, and work out what my shape options are.


    All this thinking is quite exhausting you know! Thank goodness it's Sherry season!πŸ‘‹πŸ˜Š

 

Comments

  1. I love those zingy colour combinations. I’m a bit of a rebel too and like to deviate from the original pattern. Thank goodness we have Lucy though to inspire us in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them! Most of them are from an Autumn yarn pack from Aldi, and the others are from James C Brett's Top Value range. Lucy certainly has an incredible knack for designing great blankets and stitch patterns!

      Delete
  2. That's looking great! I'm looking forward to seeing more of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I seem to have settled into it at the moment so there's a good chance I can show more before the end of Blogtober!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blotober - Post 2!

Blogtober - Post 19! ❓ πŸͺ πŸ“– 🌡

Blogtober '23 - Day One. πŸ‘‹πŸ˜€