Blogtober - Post 13! 🧢 πŸ‘ πŸͺ

    After a false start my new project seems to be going okay and I'm hoping that it won't take forever to finish because I wish I'd done it earlier in the year!

    Let me tell you about the yarn🧢 I'm using. It's a self-striping yarn from Wilkos that my Sister got me for Christmas a few years ago. It is 75% Acrylic and 25% Wool.πŸ‘ I think the idea was that I would use it for French Knitting as I do with most of the variegated yarn I have, but I always felt it needed a project worth using it on. 


    And now I have thought of one! Well, I thought of it some time ago but have only now decided to get on with it! Wished I'd done it sooner given the weather!


    I am going to try and make a pair of fingerless mittens for myself and, although I do have a pattern for such things in one of my crochet books, I thought it might be an interesting exercise to use Tunisian Crochet for the main part of them! Am I nuts? I don't know but it's worth a try! Another reason for doing this is to see if my hands react to wearing them, like they seem too to the knitted ones I wear in the winter when using the computer (they get very dry and rough), or if they actually keep them in better condition.

    I'm going to try and follow the increases and decreases on a pair of mitts my Mother knitted for me, which are better fitting than the ones I made, and hopefully it will make a something at least wearable!


     At first the yarn was a bit tricky to use as my hookπŸͺ kept grabbing part of the yarn and not all of it, and it soon transpired I'd forgotten how to do Ribbing with Double Crochet properly, but after a frog and a deep breath, things seem to be going better. I will keep you updated.

    Bye for nowπŸ‘‹πŸ˜€ 

Comments

  1. Looking forward to seeing them progress. They will be a cheery colour for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be interesting to see what pattern emerges when the Tunisian crochet starts, as it's a self-striping yarn will be work up differently to a normal variegated yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to seeing your mittens!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blotober - Post 2!

Blogtober - Post 19! ❓ πŸͺ πŸ“– 🌡

Blogtober '23 - Day One. πŸ‘‹πŸ˜€