Blogtober - Post 10! πŸ“š πŸ“–

    Happy Monday Peeps! How's it all going? I have to say that the last few days have been quite good, both in terms of the weather and the general mood of the place, so I'm feeling a lot better than I was at one point last week

    Another great thing that has happened recently is that I have started reading regularly again. It's been a long time since I did any serious reading, spending most of pre-bed time on the computer. But with the encouragement of my doctor I have been trying to restore some sense of normality and health to my days, and reading was one of those things that we both agreed would be a great thing to get back into.

    It wasn't easy though and did take some time to break the old habits, but I am now reading most nights of the week and I am enjoying it! 

    Most recently, I finished a book that I've had on the go for ages, "The People Of The Mist" by H.Rider Haggard, if you've not heard of him he also wrote "King Solomon's Mines". Then last week I finished "Tuf Voyaging" by George R.R. Martin, the author if the "Games Of Thrones" series. I wasn't sure about it at first, having not read any of his work before, but I soon got into it and thoroughly enjoyed reading it. (After the first 40 pages I honestly thought it would end up on the charity table in the supermarket!)


    At the moment I'm re-reading a book I first read a few years ago called "The Tears Of The Salamander" by Peter Dickenson. I can't really remember what happens, but my thoughts have long been that this is one that I probably would get rid of to make room for other books, so I'm giving it another read to make sure.

    I'm not into all these dark psychological crime thrillers featuring coppers with more problems than cases, and much prefer science fiction, fantasy and adventure stories. Tales that really do take you away from it all! What genres do you like reading, any long-standing favourite authors?

    See you tomorrow!πŸ‘‹πŸ˜€ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blotober - Post 2!

Blogtober - Post 19! ❓ πŸͺ πŸ“– 🌡

Blogtober '23 - Day One. πŸ‘‹πŸ˜€