☀️Summer Fun☀️🥵?!

**NOTE: This post has been on the go for quite a while⏰ and has become a bit of a ramble, largely due to the heat, mood swings and a complete lack of enthusiasm for anything. **    

    Serious question❓ What is it with crochet designers, magazines and websites, with Pot Holders? They are probably one of the most dull things you can design or make - it's a square with a border, sometimes with additional cross-stitching - impractical - well, they're hardly heat proof, and I mean, has no-one heard of Oven Gloves? Come to that, even a folded tea-towel would do! What am I missing here? In fact the only thing I can ever envisage using one for is holding the handle of a hot tea-pot!🫖 So why aren't they called "Tea-Pot holders"? I don't know...🙄

    Gosh how the last few weeks have dragged by!⏰ I still haven't been shopping for those finishing bits yet, and my next Tunisian project has informally been put on hold because I've been obsessing about another project I hadn't even thought of before, which I also haven't started yet because there is such a lot to think about in terms of numbers and I don't have the sort of yarn I want to use for it anyway! Oh the stress!😩

    And then there's the heat of recent weeks!🥵🥵🫠Oh I hate it! As I've mentioned before my hands do sweat a fair bit in hot weather💦💦 which makes crocheting quite difficult, plus it is exhausting just doing anything!🥱 And nothing!🥱 (And since writing this paragraph we've had some cooler days! Hello British Summer!!) (And now, we're about to have some more hot ones! Is it too much to ask for some consistency?)🥺 (Oh, and since writing all that, we've had another heatwave!)😖

    I do have a new hook! Did I mention it in my last post? It's another that my Father has made me, this time from a paintbrush handle🖌️! I'll tell and show more in my next post.

    I've been doing some more thinking on the whole "Tea-Pot Holder" thing. It's actually not a bad idea.😲 Which just proves that over-thinking something can be just as helpful as not thinking about anything. I think.😵‍💫

    Despite the fact that we've had no rain to speak of in recent weeks/months, the flowers here have actually been doing okay, but we've had hardly any butterflies. A few individual coloured ones, and small handfuls of white ones, but not in the numbers we usually see them. I have seen a Hummingbird Hawk Moth though, briefly, but unfortunately it had disappeared by the time I got a camera. Sigh.😞 

Lavatera

Petunia

Dianthus

Dianthus

Common Centaury

        Hopefully, despite the awful heat, you've all still got some colours left in your gardens. More next time!👋👋


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blotober - Post 2!

Blogtober - Post 19! ❓ 🪝 📖 🌵

Blogtober '23 - Day One. 👋😀