Well, here goes!

    You know, it’s a tricky thing writing the first post of a blog. How do you start it without it sounding forced and overly confident, as if you’ve already worked out how it’ll appear and progress in your head, or all happy-clappy and clichéd? And what do you write about? Do you use it as an introduction of yourself (is that not what the “About Me” page is for?) or do you just dive in with a piece about your chosen subject? Do you keep it short and to the point, or waffle on at length, hoping whoever is reading it gets engaged enough to come back? It is very tricky.

I’ve been thinking about starting a blog, on and off, for some time but, I do keep putting it off. Loads of doubts fill my mind: will it be looked at, will it be liked, will I be able to keep it going, or will it end up being an abandoned waste of internet space like so many others?

And then of course there’s the title. So many can pop into your mind at times, and the majority of them will be rubbish or, more annoyingly, already exist! And some… Well, some are just inappropriate. And the blogging platform dilemma; some are free, some aren’t, some have adverts, and some you just don’t understand at all! It’s quite a mind boggler!

I suppose the biggest question of all is why you want to start a blog in the first place? Is it because you feel that you have something to say or something to share, or is it to simply contribute and join in? I think the answer is that it is probably all of those things.

“So what’s this blog going to be about then?”, I hear you cry in feverish anticipation! Or is it exasperated boredom, I can never tell.

Crochet. And hopefully other yarn based crafts I have a liking for. I’m not the best at it, I don’t think I’m the worst at it, but I do keep doing it and that’s got to count for something, right?


 

I like nature too, so some of that might creep in here and there as well.

Well, there it is. First post done! I’ve created a Blog. Crumbs!😲

Comments

  1. Oh, I've loved reading your first entry, it's actually way better than my first entry was!! Bravo! and a very warm welcome to Blogland, I hope you find as much pleasure in writing and sharing and being a creator in this fantastic online community as I have (and still do). Much love xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for the encouragement, I'm really looking forward to see how this blog develops too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blotober - Post 2!

Blogtober - Post 19! ❓ 🪝 📖 🌵

Blogtober '23 - Day One. 👋😀