Plus One...OrTwo!

    My To-Do-List has become longer since my last post. I know, don’t say it! But sometimes you’ve just got to be starting something new. It’s another amigurumi, from Zoomigurumi 9, and I’m doing it as a present so it has to take priority over my other projects. And because I’ve started it rather late I probably won’t get it finished on time.

The two main reasons for this are that firstly I couldn’t make up my mind which one of two patterns to actually make, a lot of the patterns in this book are really good, and secondly I was trying to figure out how to change the bit that wasn’t working so well for me aesthetically. I’ve since realised that the solution was much simpler than I first thought, so I’m heading in that direction and hoping for the best. I’ll let you know how it all pans out when it’s done.


 

I’m going to have a long hard look at my To-Do list and dismiss a few things, it is a bit long, and there’s no telling when I’ll get to grips with a couple of them again so, there will some re-prioritisation going on.

This is largely because there is a future project coming that I’m really excited about, and I want to make sure I can devote a proper amount of time to it, without interruptions! The talented Lucy of the Attic has come up with another great looking blanket pattern, and this time it’s a festive one called The Yuletide Blanket. As much as I admire them, I haven’t ever followed one of her crochet-a-longs, it took me two years-ish to finish my Hydrangea Blanket, but I have a really good feeling about this new (non-CAL) one and really can’t wait to give it a try!😀

If you are unfamiliar with the Zoomigurumi books then head over to  https://www.amigurumi.com/

To read more about Lucy's Yuletide Blanket go to  https://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/2021/04/yuletide-blanket-inspiration.html

Comments

  1. Hi Simon - I'm thrilled to find you here in Blogland, and I can already tell that you're going to enjoy posting in your own little space. Also so happy to hear you'll be joining in with the Yuletide blanket, I'm loving working on it right now and I think it's going to be a great project to tackle between September and December. I really hope you enjoy it xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I do enjoy it - so far it has caused a little stress at times! And I think the Yuletide Blanket is looking great - can't wait! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blotober - Post 2!

Blogtober - Post 19! ❓ 🪝 📖 🌵

Blogtober '23 - Day One. 👋😀