Blogtober '23 - Day 5.

    I was telling you that yesterday was an exciting day. Well, for me it was but I imagine that for many of you it would seem rather ordinary.

    Yesterday I went to Hobbycraft (a UK craft store) for the first time since before the pandemic! In fact it was really my first proper shopping trip since then as well. And it was, I think, my first time anywhere other than my village and the Doctor's, since I had my last covid vaccine!

    I don't get out much. I haven't really ever been a going out sort of person, but since leaving college my forays into the world dwindled, and I could go months without going anywhere. To some of you that my sound hard to comprehend, but when you get used to a thing, you tend not to notice it, and for me not going out is one of those things.

    So, why did I go? Well, I got a Hobbycraft voucher for my birthday not long ago and so I decided that a trip to the actual store was in order to see what they had to offer, rather than rely on the website. I didn't know what I was going to but, or if I would by anything, I just wanted to see what I could buy.

    I'd forgotten how much there was crammed into these stores. Art materials, fabrics, boxes, beading supplies, sewing stuff.... and of course, yarn. And for some reason Halloween and Christmas decorations, kits, crafts and the like. It's waaay to soon for Crimbo and Halloween is over-done and Americanised for my liking, so I ignored all that.

    I did come away from the shop (eventually!) with a few things and I'm really pleased with my purchases. Would you like to see my booty? Oh go on! You know you want to!

   

    It might not seem like much but as I went with no real idea what I was going in for, I think I've done quite well! The plastic box WILL fit in my larger plastic kit box - or else! I've been wanting to try James C. Brett Party Time Chunky for a little while now with my Tunisian Crochet Hooks, and the knitting bag was a bargain at just £11! I think it must have been reduced or something because all the other knitting bags were over £20. I'm telling, I was well chuffed! And I will need to go back again because I didn't use my voucher for any of this! Yay!

    And I was so very grateful for the cup of tea that was waiting at home! And the Chocolate Hobnobs!

    More tomorrow, Byeee!πŸ‘‹πŸ˜€
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blotober - Post 2!

Blogtober - Post 19! ❓ πŸͺ πŸ“– 🌡

Interlude -Summer.