Novemblog! Post 4.

My Terrible Trouble With Trebles.

    Despite the fact that I have been crocheting for a few years now, I do seem to have a strange problem with Treble stitches. I know how they are formed and I like to think that I am relatively even when doing a row but, it’s how they look that irks me. Especially when doing groups of three for Granny Squares or Block Stitch.


    Looking at them, the left leg is very often loose and saggy and the right leg always tight, sometimes too tight, and I end up pulling this leg out a bit and the left leg up a bit with the loop on hook, before completing the stitch. Working on a Granny project, the third treble is invariably done several times until I am happy with it. And very often I will unpick several stitches to get back to one I don’t like the look of, just to spend ages redoing it until I feel confident it looks like the others.πŸ˜–


    I am aware that this constant reworking is down to my perfectionist streak and my OCD, but knowing that doesn’t make me feel any better about it. And yes, both tendencies probably do make it worse.😧

    Another factor is probably my tension. I am naturally a tight hooker, and this isn’t always beneficial, especially when making blankets and you want the fabric to have a soft drape. You can’t really snuggle into cardboard! I do deliberately try to work more loosely, but it slows me down because I am always checking the stitches to make sure they are the same size and this also makes it harder to keep the stitches even. And eventually, usually when I get comfortable with the stitch pattern, I fall back into a quicker, tighter method of working.😞

 

    I also try out different ways of holding both yarn and hook, and sometimes this can help but sometimes only for a while.

    Perhaps I'm just being overly fussy about it, but none of the trebles in the magazines look like this so I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong. Have any of you experienced this and been able to correct it? I'd love to hear how!😟 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blotober - Post 2!

Blogtober - Post 19! ❓ πŸͺ πŸ“– 🌡

Interlude -Summer.