Novemblog! Post 2.

    Wow! My 2nd post already! Yes, I know, I really am spoiling you!πŸ˜„

    The weather has turned noticeably colder over the last couple of days, and in response I reached for one of my project bags to do some evening crochet. And it was such a relief to be doing it again! Finally my hands and fingers had something to do, and I was really pleased with what I got done in the hour or so I spent on it! I just hope the next round - all trebles - goes as well!πŸ˜”


    The project in question is my Block Stitch blanket that I started some time last year. I remember that when I last did some I was getting a little frustrated with it, what with all the trebles and the fact that I couldn't think how I was going to make it much bigger than it already was, given what yarn I had left. And the yarn is weird. It's supposed to be Double Knitting, but it's much thicker than most other dk yarns I know and I'm having to use a 6mm hook with it! I naturally work tightly, and can even with larger hooks, so it doesn't look at all stretched or loose like you would expect a thinner dk to when worked on a larger hook. It's also not the smoothest of yarns either, I know yarns with a metallic thread don't always feel smooth but this is quite coarse when compared to something like James C Brett Twinkle.


    Earlier in the year I did try and find some other sparkly yarn to use along side the three balls I have, but all I came up with was a discontinued range of sparkly aran by Stylecraft, so I'm not really sure what to do when I've done what I can with the two balls I'm using. The third really needs an additional colour to work with, otherwise it will just look naff. I'm going to look on ebay, not sure I've done that yet.πŸ˜•πŸ‘‹


 
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blotober - Post 2!

Blogtober - Post 19! ❓ πŸͺ πŸ“– 🌡

Interlude -Summer.