Novemblog! Post 8.

Box Of Delights.

    I thought you might like to see my Yarn Crafting Kit Box. It was sold as an art materials box but with a bit of ingenuity and Fablon, my Father was able to turn it into something much more exciting and useful!πŸ˜„

    Most of the divisions were already there when he bought it, but he added a few more and even made the double sided inner tray, which makes for a very handy surface to place bits and bobs on, and the side with the lip especially good for anything that rolls! 

    He even put little magnets in the lid to hold it in place but, now I've put things in the lid, it quite often falls out. I don't really know what to do about it. I'm wondering if I should use velcro to hold things in place, or even fuzzy felt. Can you still get fuzzy felt?

    The top tray holds my hooks. Well, some of them, I've got a few more dotted about the placeπŸ˜‰, but I think they're mostly here. I used to keep my knitting needles in one side, but when I needed somewhere to put my wooden hooks I decided to get the needles a separate case as I didn't want the hooks to get damaged. All the Tunisian hooks you see here were made by my Father and the short standard hooks are a set of bamboo ones from Lidl.

    The bottom of the box holds a variety of bits. I love the larger compartment because it gives me somewhere to keep my French Knitting Dollies (one in use elsewhere) as well as my KnitPro Tunisian Hooks (also one in use elsewhere). You'll have noticed some Christmassy looking bits too and they're there ready to be used so long as I get my finger out and do it!😣 I've got some other Christmas bits too and I'm thinking of putting them all in a Christmas Tin so that they're all together. It also means that I can put more stuff in the box!😜

 

    It's great having a kit box like this where most everything is kept in one place - at least I know where it all should be!πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‰ Where do you keep your bits?

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interlude -Summer.

Blogtober - Post 19! ❓ πŸͺ πŸ“– 🌡

Blogtober '23 - Day One. πŸ‘‹πŸ˜€